Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Upset with Porter Cable/Delta !!

"evodawg" wrote in message
I went to my local Porter Cable/Delta parts and recondition outlet in
Southern California and the name has been changed to Black & Decker. I was
****ED!!!!!!!! I was looking for a reconditioned circular saw, my old 25
year old Craftsman finally took a **** and I needed to replace it. For the
last 10 years I have only bought Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Bosch and Delta.
I went in and all I saw basically was orange and black, I got sick to my
stomach.
I asked the customer service guy what happened. He didn't look happy and
said that B&D had taken them over. My next question was how long will it
take B&D to implement it's cheap ass engineering into Porter Cable and
Delta? He had that stupid look on his face. I told him, "guess you're
forcing me to buy Milwaukee and Bosch". He did say that I wasn't the only
customer that had the same reaction.

The worst power tool builder now makes one of the best power tools. How
long
will it take for Delta/Porter Cable to become second to the worst?

Umm the quality of PC and Delta started down that slippery slope long before
B&D bought them.