Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default Cheap Chinese Mill-drill

In article ,
F. George McDuffee wrote:

Which proves again that you should never, ever try to use a
drill chuck to hold an end mill for anything but plunge work.

That's turned out to be a little bit of an understatement!

Collets and/or end-mill holders are cheap enough and easy to
find. Spend a few bucks and do it right before some one gets
hurt. Think of the chuck coming lose at high speed with an
end-mill or cutter and going across the shop.

I see your point. I have a heckuva lot to learn. (obviously)
Thanks to rcm, it might be a less painful process.

Unless the shop is next to broke I suggest an ER collet holder
adapter. Very tight grip on the tooling shanks, wide clamp
range, and easy to change the tooling.

I'll start looking for sure.

Email me if you need some suggested sources.

Thank you.
John