Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article ,
Owain wrote:
Nobody wrote:
It was recently refused due
to the highways dept stating that there was no way we could turn our
car round in the room provided
Why do you have to turn it around anyway?

Because you're not allowed to / the highways dept don't like you to
reverse your car on to a main road.

What's wrong with doing it the correct way - ie reversing in?

AIUI; the 'correct' aka Prescot-ODPM way necessitates a
means of driving _in_ and _out_ to the front. Reversing isn't
permitted for planning-purposes. Your 'correct' way; reverse in
then drive front-wise out - which I do - is permitted with
'grandfather' rights.

--

Brian