Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Safety to the extreme at Home Depot

Mark & Juanita said:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:04:53 -0500, Greg wrote:

Mark & Juanita said:

OK - So how does that explain a faltering economy AND the worthless
employees? Me thinks you need a new law... g

He doesn't have to come up with a new rule nor explain because we aren't
in a faltering economy. Some areas of the country are having some
problems, but the remainder of the country is in an up cycle. I know that
kind of screws up your complaint about the current administration, but
despite the attempt to make the public think the current times are worse
than the Great Depression: Spending is up, unemployment is down, and the
housing market continues to grow.

Ta dum, dum, dum, dum ,dum, dum, dum, dum....
I hear those neo-con drums beating still...

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics.

Really sucks when the facts don't support your opinions, doesn't it? ad
hominem is all that's left

Look, to begin with, it was a joke. But by the same token, it isn't.
You're the one who jacked up to argue facts that were never tendered.
So don your flame suit, smart-ass.

I'm not here to discuss politics - you believe the crap that you want,
and I'll believe the crap that I want. And nothing you or I say will
ever change another's mind. I think you're an idiot and vice versa.

Ad Hominem? Where? Are you ashamed of being labeled a neo-con?
Mighty defensive there, Bub - for such an adoring fan of Bush, et al.

Or was it the famous quote by Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Samuel
Clemens? (I can only _dream_ of being in such perceptive company.)
The semi-ironic statement that refers to the persuasive power of
numbers, and succinctly describes how even accurate statistics can be
used to bolster an inaccurate argument through such methods as
selectively choosing data, ignoring bad results and over-emphasizing
good results. Sounds _just like_ the current administration to me...

But since you brought it up, record Personal and National debt are not
what I call a thriving economy. Ditto for nearly a Trillion in trade
deficits to China, record fuel costs, and various scandals in the WH.
Nor is the selling of millions of acres in public lands to cronies in
a subversive, alledged deficit reducing, fire-sale scheme.

And it takes a lot of Patriotism to invest old family money and stock
scam capital into Communist Chinese factories while slashing benefits
for the few remaining U.S. citizens on the payroll, stealing their
pensions, and generally screwing everyone available in the quest of
ever more profits. Yes, this truly is the "Age of Avarice".

I have friends who own businesses all over the largest Boom-Town city
in the Southeast. Commercial Printing, way down. Retail sales, down.
New Car sales, down. Employment, down. Housing? Ha! $37,000 worth
of crap lumber thrown up by a crew of illegal immigrant laborers and
sold to stupid industrial city burnouts for $350,000. Meanwhile, the
actual Tradesman I know can't compete with $40 a day illegal's.
Oh, yeah - these fine houses are now in need of major repairs after
only five years - roofs, foundations, termites, plumbing - Good Stuff!
Now you know why they are sewing up the Bankrupcy laws...

Fuel is up, local taxes are climbing, as are property assessments, to
cover lost Federal funds, and you just about have to be a Dupont to
afford sending your kid to some Podunk college that is forced to teach
the non-science of creationism - in a country that purports to respect
no religion over another, and defies separation of Church and State.

We are at a precipice and are just as likely to be pushed over the
edge by an idiot Republican as an idiot Democrat. I suppose the
Romans never thought they'd fall from grace either - but they did.

Yeah, everything is just fine - shill.

As for liberals vs. neo-cons, I hate 'em all. They are two sides of
the same fricken' coin. But this current administration holds the top
spot for manipulative, underhanded, and self-interested behavior.

And it's rabidly zealous followers are as blind as they are stupid.
Which makes you either a filthy rich prick, or an utter moron.

And lest you fail to discern the distinction between a genuine
conservative Republican and a modern day neo-con...
Sorry - I can't help cure your crippling myopia - you should get out
from in front of the Faux News channel more often...

You're not getting my gun, I'm not paying for public handouts, I'm not
making another Energy Czar richer, and you're not going to force me to
worship Religions of Convenience or your sick, warped vision of God.
(Which in most neo-con minds, is tantamount to either themselves or
the almighty dollar.) I believe in working for profit, and have never
collected one thin dime from the government for anything, unless you
include an FHA-203b home loan.

So, I'm through with this thread. How's that for Ad Hominem?

Bye, bye, now.

Greg G.