Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Loren

Default Making a shaft with a collar... question

A decent print I could do! Hell, I'll give it to you in Solidworks if
you desire. I appreciate the offer Gunner, thank you. How would you
feel about a short section of NF thread at the ends, stepped down to
whatever dia.. 3/4" 7/8" or 1".. would be fine. And of course two
keyways to complicate things. oh yeah, all this times 3. sigh...
yeah.. it's for a powered tubing roller and these are for the drive
shafts.

I'll go ahead with a test piece I think and by this weekend my choices
will be more clear.

Has anyone had success with a shaft weldment as an alternative to
machining from stock?

Thanks guys.
- Loren