Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default Delta discontinuing parts for older tools...

On 28 Nov 2005 23:00:53 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 28 Nov 2005 14:43:30 -0800, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Some of you may have Rockwell/Delta metalworking equiipment. If you
have any, you would know that there has been NO parts available these
machines for years and users have to rebuild the machines themselves.

Well, my Rockwell tools _are_ 40 years old, after all...to be expected,
isn't it? I mean, sense of perspective and all - can you buy a new
flathead engine from Ford these days?

Maybe not from Ford, but for more popular versions of various things (in
my case, tractor parts), there are OEM-spec producers who produce various
parts to original spec (at least the good ones do). That, and old parts
from machine being parted out can keep old stuff going for a long time.