Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default The Machinist

On 28 Nov 2005 20:24:33 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:08:13 GMT, Gunner Asch wrote:

Shrug..Every watch the gun handling on Cops? Some reallllly ignorant
cops out there when it comes to guns.

Yes, but...

I shuddered when police departments started carrying Glocks..with no
external safeties..and my fears have been warranted...

(shrug) they're often replacing revolvers, which also have no external
safeties. If a cop is gonna squeeze the trigger while the loud end is
pointed the wrong place, they're gonna do the same with an external
saftied pistol.

Big difference between a long double action trigger pull on a
revolver..and that .25 inch pull on a Glock.
Google "glock police accidental shootings" and read a
few....brrrrrrr.....

Not a Glock problem, it's an operator problem. And it's "negligent
discharge" far as I'm concerned, not "accidental".

Very true indeed.

Remember boys and girls...finger OFF the ****ing trigger until you are
absolutely positively sure you want it to go bang!!!
Its NOT a finger rest.....

Yup. All the external safeties in the world won't prevent stupidity.

Not with any tool, from firearms to table saws.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner