Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT-Death and Dying

In article , Eric R Snow says...

... And it appears that starting today the pain control is
finally being done correctly. Anyway, I just needed to blow off some
steam. I'm not looking for sympathy.

Yet you deserve it anyway. Caring for an older relative under
those situations is unbelievably trying. I did this with my
mom all summer, this summer. Her outcome was fortunate, she's
been home from the nursing home about a month now and her
temporary illiostomy may well be reversed early next year.

Navigating the waters of the heath care industry takes more than
a GPS. I think you need to be a alchemist or something to do
the job.

FWIW I would say that in most cases the nurses and doctors mean
well and work hard, but are often ill-informed and don't communicate
well at all. With each others, and with family members as well.
In all the months I was involved in this, I never really did
find anyone who was mean-spirited or pretended to be something
they weren't. When they didn't know, they said so.

Grace under pressure is a precious commodity. Sounds like you
qualify. Good luck.

Jim

please reply to: