Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Default Beginner's Lathe Projects

On 28 Nov 2005 09:40:56 -0800, "fatpie"
wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a site that has diagrams,
castings etc for beginner's lathe projects. My dad's bought a lathe,
but we don't have anything to make on it yet. I would be interested in
projects not requiring castings, or sites that sells fairly cheap
beginner to intermediate unmachined castings and diagrams (my dad was
an engineer, and I've used a lathe a small amount at school, so we're
not absolute beginners).

We make a pretty nifty whistle with our freshmen students. Drawings
are at http://neme-s.org/images/PDF%20Files...nload_page.htm

Brass core and 1/2" copper shell. Just mind the diameters on the core
for best results.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School