Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Back boilers now obsolete?

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:37:58 -0000, "Mike Gates"
wrote:

You've certainly wetted my appetite here. We have a cupboard in the main
bedroom currently housing the cold water tank, which would be an ideal
position for a new boiler. I think the flue and drain can be accommodated
relatively easily.

Her indoors is already looking for something to fill the hearth with! Plus
we would be able to hear the telly when the wind blows, instead of the flue
pipe howling. And we can both get rid of our giant slippers that keep our
feet out of the draught of the vent:-)
(Note the smiley, we don't really have giant slippers....yet).

Bear in mind that most modern boilers, and as far as I know, all
condensing types have a fan assisted flue - i.e. a fan pulls in the
combustion air from outside. Many also modulate - i.e. the burn
rate (and usually fan speed) vary according to heat load.

While they are not that noisy in most cases, you might not want one in
the bedroom.

--

..andy