Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Back boilers now obsolete?

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:09:58 -0000, "Mike Gates"
wrote:

Thanks Andy for a comprehensive reply. I'll download the document and have a
read, but TBH, I would be glad to see the back of it.

It's certainly overdue for renewal, and I can see distinct advantages to
getting rid of it.

You're very welcome.

If you do decide to go the condensing boiler route, then there are
loads of options.

Many of them can work with very long twin pipe flues using 50mm high
temperature plastic waste pipe (20m is typical). Mounting can be
virtually anywhere, including loft spaces and so on. Certainly don't
imagine that you have to go for the classic kitchen wall job if you
don't want to.

When you do come to change, it is very worthwhile shopping around for
the best combination of quality of work and price. Generally I would
avoid British Gas. They charge very high prices and then typically
sub out the work to a local independent fitter, so you might as well
find a good heating engineer yourself.

--

..andy