Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy?

Ignoramus4324 wrote:
On 28 Nov 2005 10:53:00 -0800,
wrote:
"Essentially, I would not mind a visit from the cops all that much, I
have nothing serious to hide. I cannot see, though, why they would
decide to visit, but that's all beside the point. "

Homes with abnormally large heat blooms in the structure, or on the
power pole (transformer) are a signature of someone using lots of
lights (often MHAs!) to grow marijuana.

I think that as a law abiding citizen in a country under the rule of
law, it is not a good reason to avoid lawful activity just because it
has a heat signature similar to unlawful activity.

Worst case is, I get a visit from law enforcement, and if they have a
search warrant, I would gladly show them my MH lighting.

If they do not have a search warrant, I would tell them that I use MH
lighting in my garage, and politely tell them to get a search warrant
to enter my house.

If burglars break into my house at night, I will shoot to stop.

Besides, that ligting will see intermittent use, only when I am
actually working in a garage. It is unlikely to be running at all
hours of the day. So, I question the premise that use of MH lighting
for illuminating a garage, would truly arouse suspicions any more
than, say, use of 1 kW spotlights such a the one I have.

There could be good reasons to avoid MH lighting such as

- cost
- comfort
- eye safety
- fire safety

etc. Visits from cops are not a good enough reason.

I would just laugh if they showed up at my home and invite them in.
I figure if they are there the bad guys are going to be somewhere else.
Besides I think most of the already know me from seeing me running. I live
in a small town.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit