Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy?

Ignoramus4324 wrote:
On 28 Nov 2005 10:53:00 -0800, wrote:

"Essentially, I would not mind a visit from the cops all that much, I
have nothing serious to hide. I cannot see, though, why they would
decide to visit, but that's all beside the point. "

Homes with abnormally large heat blooms in the structure, or on the
power pole (transformer) are a signature of someone using lots of
lights (often MHAs!) to grow marijuana.

I think that as a law abiding citizen in a country under the rule of
law, it is not a good reason to avoid lawful activity just because it
has a heat signature similar to unlawful activity.

Worst case is, I get a visit from law enforcement, and if they have a
search warrant, I would gladly show them my MH lighting.

No, the worst case is they will break your door down in the middle
of the night, guns drawn. Welcome to Bush's America.

If they do not have a search warrant, I would tell them that I use MH
lighting in my garage, and politely tell them to get a search warrant
to enter my house.

If burglars break into my house at night, I will shoot to stop.

Besides, that ligting will see intermittent use, only when I am
actually working in a garage. It is unlikely to be running at all
hours of the day. So, I question the premise that use of MH lighting
for illuminating a garage, would truly arouse suspicions any more
than, say, use of 1 kW spotlights such a the one I have.

There could be good reasons to avoid MH lighting such as

- cost
- comfort
- eye safety
- fire safety

etc. Visits from cops are not a good enough reason.