Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

John said:

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:32 -0500, Greg wrote:

Can't really help you there, but the metal hold-down clamps I used on
this were only $4 US each. Got them at Highland Hardware.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=2788

Thanks. Highland Hardware sounded really promising - until I realised
it's in Atlanta, while I'm in Scotland G.

Sorry, I'm just a tease - figured the 'Highland' part might mess with
your head a little... g It's just down the road a bit from me.

Thanks again for the jig - sometimes all we need to brighten the week
is a new idea. SWMBO reckons I make more jigs and tools than anything
else - looking around the workshop, she may be right... I even been
known to use some of them G.

I, too, made the mistake of manufacturing far more jigs for the last
saw than I actually USED. Huge upright door panel insert cutting
sleds, four widths of box joints, mitre spline jigs, etc.

About all I use are the crosscut box, these things, and the 1/2" and
3/4" box (finger) joint jigs. But I considered it 'practice' for when
I could afford 'real' wood. g

Greg G.