Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:32 -0500, Greg wrote:

John said:
On the topic of jigs, can anyone point me towards plans for shop-made
hold-down toggle clamps - wooden ones would do? I've made and used
various screw-down devices, with wing-nuts, etc, but toggle clamps are
just that much more convenient for jigs. Larger ones are expensive
enough here in the UK to have me moving them from one jig to another -
bit of a nuisance.

Can't really help you there, but the metal hold-down clamps I used on
this were only $4 US each. Got them at Highland Hardware.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=2788

Thanks. Highland Hardware sounded really promising - until I realised
it's in Atlanta, while I'm in Scotland G.

Over here, they each seem to cost the equivalent of about $10-$12 your
money. Fair enough if you only want one or two, but if you want a
couple for every new jig it's a dent in a small fixed pension.

Looks as though I might have to take one to pieces and try to
replicate it.

Thanks again for the jig - sometimes all we need to brighten the week
is a new idea. SWMBO reckons I make more jigs and tools than anything
else - looking around the workshop, she may be right... I even been
known to use some of them G.

John