Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

Greg G. said:

Well, I finally got around to upgrading and replacing various tablesaw
sleds and jigs to fit the new saw. And in addition to the mandatory
crosscut box, I designed an add-on for cutting small wedge segments
for turned vessels.
...snip...
The crosscut sled is shown here, with the mitre accessory alongside:
(This one is for 12 sided vessels, or 15 degrees.)

And this one is for 18 segment rings - or 10 degrees.
Took about a half-hour to build - again, made from scrap.

This is the assembled jig, ready for work:
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/SegmentJig05.jpg
The 15 degree jig is sitting to the right - clampless.
(I ran out of hold-downs...)

This is the result of the first test cuts:
(And again, barreling of the lens effects the image somewhat.)

http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/SegmentJig06.jpg

No sanding, straight off the saw. Another good thing?
No high dollar gold extruded aluminum, either. g

FWIW,

Greg G.