Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

In article ,
Greg wrote:

Yes, Owen, but it's not in my nature to do such things... g
A slot implies an imperfection that must be compensated for.
Once it's aligned, it never gets moved again. I'm not B&D. g

(I drill the hole AFTER aligning the angle to within a degree.
And I used the original as a drill template for subsequent plates.)

See later post for an additional jig example.

Thanks Greg for posting your sled/jig. The two "feet" for adjusting the
angle is really quite clever - and simple - is this technique your own
or have you seen it with other jigs?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.