Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

Owen Lowe said:

In article ,
Greg wrote:

If you cut too far on one boss or the other when aligning the mitre,
it may be shimmed back up with HD fabric or vinyl tape. This would be
done so that the top mounting screw registers properly - the
clearances on my holes are pretty tight.

Couldn't you have made the screw hole a slot in the angle piece? Then it
wouldn't matter so much if you took off too much plus it would likely be
easier to make up other angle jigs that fit the sled too. (Unless I
don't quite understand the way the parts of the jig work together.)

Yes, Owen, but it's not in my nature to do such things... g
A slot implies an imperfection that must be compensated for.
Once it's aligned, it never gets moved again. I'm not B&D. g

(I drill the hole AFTER aligning the angle to within a degree.
And I used the original as a drill template for subsequent plates.)

See later post for an additional jig example.

FWIW,

Greg G.