Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on a refused
planning application. It was for turning part of my front garden
(approx 40m x 7m wide) into a parking area. It was recently refused due

to the highways dept stating that there was no way we could turn our
car round in the room provided (we can)

Whether you can turn the vehicle you currently own is irrelevant. The
planners have to allow for future changes of ownership, so what they mean is
that there is insufficient room to turn a standardised vehicle that
represents X% of vehicles on the road, where X is probably around 95%.

Colin Bignell