Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on a refused
planning application. It was for turning part of my front garden
(approx 40m x 7m wide) into a parking area. It was recently refused due

to the highways dept stating that there was no way we could turn our
car round in the room provided (we can) and that we would potentially

You could answer this part of the objection by marking off an exactly same
sized patch with some mounded lines of sand, on a parking lot or somewhere,
and video it - with shots of the undisturbed sand.
The problem.
The easy reply to this is "most cars" can't be turned in this space.

I wonder about turntables.