Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default bath sealant - 2 layers?

Vass wrote:
Hi
Can I run a second bead of sealant over a newly cured first bead ?
(gap was a bit large for a single bead)
will it stick to the first bead of will it lift in time?

thanks

A clean fresh layer is fine - the new stuff will stick perfectly. If
it's a bit older you might want to trim a little bit off the get a good
bond.

When I had a big gap to deal with (bath + uneven wall) I (under)filled
the gap roughly, didn't smooth off, and went back the next day to put in
a smoothed, shaped topcoat. There's no way to get them apart now.

A bit of pressure on the second coat (just from smoothing it) will help
it stick.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk