Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default Black & Decker

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:17:38 -0600, "Rob Mills"
wrote:

"Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
.. .

. I do no wish to buy anything that B&D has their finger in.

I'm thinking they acquired DeWalt or was it visa versa.

~

B & D obtained the "name" Dewalt a well respected name in the
industrial machinery business, and with marketing genius that you have
to admire despite your opinion of the tools, introduced the yellow and
black line of portable power tools.

If you are interested in what happened to what was left of the Dewalt
industrial line they are now sold in low volume under the name " the
Original Saw Co." Primarily very high quality (and expensive) radial
arm saws.

Frank