Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Newbie questions about tung oil, wood dye, etc.

wrote:
Thanks, I have no problem going to 360, if that's what it takes. I
applied over 60 grit just because that's what I had used to remove the
old finish and I wanted a quick look at what a tung oil finish was
like. Drying time won't be a problem so I'll use straight tung oil.

Adding thinner doesn't affect the drying time of the oil...the thinner
evaporates long before the oil sets up. What it *does* do is thin
it...helps it penetrate, helps avoid too heavy a coat, etc.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at