Posted to uk.d-i-y
bland

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

wrote in message
ups.com...
Even if an 'accident' did happen they still say we can't turn a vehicle
in the space provided - even though we can!

1. The important words might be "busy main road". The highways will
probably see this as allowing several cars to park with extra traffic
let the house to a several folk all with their own cars.
2. Are you in a conservation area
3. Googling (in UK) for "parking on front gardens" throws up a lot of
stuff, so it seems to be a hot topic for local government at this point in
time. I imagine they have had recommendations from higher levels of
government.

bland