Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on a refused
planning application. It was for turning part of my front garden
(approx 40m x 7m wide) into a parking area. It was recently refused due

to the highways dept stating that there was no way we could turn our
car round in the room provided (we can) and that we would potentially
have to drive near the roots of a protected tree. At the monent we are
having to park on a busy main road and are obstructing the visability
for other drivers but despite discussing this with highways they would
not budge from their decision. Has anyone had any experience of this as

we don't know what to do next. Thanks