Posted to rec.woodworking
Bilbo Baggins

Default Black & Decker

Every time I turn around I hear that B&D now controls another company.
I have not been a fan of B&D for many years now. I, like most
woodworkers, am constantly looking for more toys, aka tools. I do not
wish to buy anything that B&D has their finger in.

Recently I needed a part for my DeVilbiss compressor, I called my
local small engine/compressor repair shop and was informed the it
would probably take from 6 to 8 weeks to get the part. Inquiring as to
why it would take so long I was informed that they had been having
long lead times for parts on any tool that B&D had acquired.

I am currently looking for a 14" band saw, I had decided that the Jet,
Delta or Grizzly would suit my needs, but I guess Delta is out of the
question now.

Where can I find a list of companies that B&D has acquired or is in
the process of acquiring?

Thanks, Bilbo