Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Chinese CFM ? -- Compressor

The Tagge's wrote:
You bet! I may not remember much from college, but 6.023 times 10 to the
twenty third has worked every time when I needed Avogadro's number.
Thanks for waking the old memory cells
Bert
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...

Anyone here know of a table or spreadsheet anywhere online that will
allow you to estimate the actual approximate CFM rating of a
compressor? Seems to me you ought to be able to measure the length of
time it takes for the tank to reach several different pressures and
then plug that along with the tank size into an equation to get a
reasonable estimate of the true (approximate) CFM. Anyone have
Avogadro's number memorized? If so maybe I could give him a call...

It's also 781-721-1130, our second home phone line. I listed that line
under "J. Avogadro" when we got it years ago, further proof that I'll
never grow up.

Before they outlawed residential telemarketing it was fun to respond to
callers asking for "Mr. Avogadro" with, "Sorry, he passed away." They
usually offered condolences and I'd say, "We'll we're pretty much over
it, he died in 1856."

I looked recently and found there's three other phone numbers for
Avogadros in the US, all in California. One of them is in the name of
"No Avogadros", obviously another jokester, and the other two are listed
in the name of "Amadeo Avogadro", but my references to the number guy
all show his first name as "Amedio."

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia