Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Taylor

Default door knobs

I gave you some ideas for this, in my second of 3 letters, about how to
search for knobs.
That's all I could think of.

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
. ..
It appears that the doorsets were first used in this house. The doors are
cut perfectly to fit the sets. They are unique and very nice looking.
They don't appear to be used more than this once.
Actually, I'm looking for a descriptive, a name, a type or some key word
to help me look more. I've looked at Lee Valley, and the like.
Perry
"Roger Taylor" wrote in message
. ..

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
. ..
The house was built in 1950. My father in law built it.
Perry

My house was built in 1959, but the builder apparently used wall studs
are from 1800's barns, some doors from the 1920's, and a pre-world war II
bathtub. My first impression is your father in law visited a few antique
shops (then known as junk yards) to locate the door hardware, in this
case.