Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Rheem Furnace stuck in on off cycle

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello furnace experts,

My Rheem furnace does not seem to light up fully. The pilot lamp comes
on and then goes off. The furnace is stuck in this loop. When the pilot
light goes off, I held a match stick to see if the gas is still coming.
The pilot does not stay on with the match stick. This is the first time
I'm trying to use the furnace this season and I'm not sure where the
problem is. Another thing I have noticed last winter is when it is
really cold it took the furnance more than 30 mins to start working.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

No one here can tell you whats wrong with it behind a monitor.
It COULD be about 4 different things, or more, depending on the model of the
Rheem you have, if its actually a Rheem, or a rebadged Consolodated...etc..
You had problems last year....so the question you need to answer is when was
the last time you had it properly serviced?