Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default Stabil Fuel Additive

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:09:53 -0600, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:26:04 GMT,
(Jack) wrote:

I've had a can in the outside garage for around three years. Does it
get stale like gasoline and lose effectiveness, or does it have an
indefinite life?

I have a collector car which sits through the cold Minnesota winter every
year, and the gas has never been a problem.

In fact, recently the car sat for three years without being started,
through cold Minnesota winters, and it still starts OK, and the gasoline
has never been a problem.

Don't know why people spend money on Stabil!

Alan Moorman

I use to use STABIL in my snow blower...now I just drain the tank
every spring..refill it in the fall... That was the only machine I
ever had problems

Like Alan I store a "few" cars over the winter (and I do not start
them at all during storage) and have been storing at least one car
over the winter for about 30 years now..never had any problems .. I
do try to store them with full tanks of gasoline...but honestly that
is just my preference..

Bob G.