Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Default OT (maybe): farewell DVD

In article ZOhhf.14972$ZX3.8726@trnddc06,
says...

A while back, there was a busy thread about how quickly new video tech is
replacing old. Most folks didn't appreciate the suggestion that their
valued DVD collections would soon be deemed "vintage". They were quite..
ahem.. Blu about it. Check out the latest headliner:

http://www.blu-ray.com/

Blu-ray == Sony.

Sony == DRM RootKit Nightmare.

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/200...s-and-digital-
rights.html

Or...

http://tinyurl.com/auyjl

What can we really expect from a format developed by a company
that has shown not the slightest remorse for infecting God only knows
how many PCs with security holes that you could drive a cruise ship
through?

Yes, I know... We consumers may not have any choice, other than to
boycott Blu-Ray format discs. However, given that at least one studio
(Fox) has already committed to Blu-Ray, I don't see that happening any
time soon.

Keep the peace(es).

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"