Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default door knobs

"Roger Taylor" wrote in message
. ..

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
. ..
I'd like to know where I can find more door knobs like these. They are
quaint and functional. I don't even know what they are called.
Hope this link works.
Perry
http://perry.zoto.com/user/image_det...ded-desc/0-30y

If it is just the knobs you need, there are quite a few antique door knob
dealers online, and retail shops like Restoration Hardware, perhaps in
your area. Google for either "antique door knobs" or for "antique
locksets", and note both the body of the search results, as well as the
right hand paid-for advert. column.. Be sure you unscrew the set screws
and disassemble the knobs from the spindle to see what shape, size, and
length the axle is, so you know what to specify.. The lock mechanism in
the photo looks *very* old - 19th century looking.

Not as nice, but....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-antique-do...c mdZViewItem