Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

Default Sending stereo signals

On 2005-11-25, wrote:
Having downloaded a program for recording from my home stereo system to
computer (Sound Studio), I need a cable for transmitting to the
computer (a distance of about 20 feet). Is making this cable as simple
as putting a stereo plug on each end of speaker wire to go from
headphones output on my receiver to audio input on the computer? That
is, do I need shielded cable or something more substantial than
speaker wire?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

Use shielded audio cable. and preferably connect it to a line level out put (usually
labeled line out)

for best results move the devices closer together.
ideally both should ve powered from the same outlet.

Bye.
Jasen