Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Not really OT -- Sharpening a knife blade while not at home

In article XqNhf.209841$ir4.110405@edtnps90, Ted Edwards says...

Norm Dresner wrote:
Recently while I was traveling in a foreign country (Italy if it
matters), I had occasion to need to make the 1-1/2" knife blade on my
pocket knife as sharp as possible -- ideally "scalpel sharp".

I have a folding diamond hone by DMT approx. 5"x1"x1/2". (The handles
fold over the sharpening surface. You should carry one in your fanny
pack or lugage.

Second this. Those things work *great*.

I have a coarse, medium, and fine set for work. I do
my pocketknife whenever it needs it.

Jim

please reply to: