Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg O

Default fix copper-galvanized corrosion?

wrote in message

How do I remedy a copper-galvanized corrosion problem on my water
heater connections? I put the water heater in with a friend's help
about 3 years ago. Now please see photos of corrosion between the
flexible copper connectors and the fixed galvanized pipes (both hot
and cold). Photos are at:

http://homepage.smc.edu/morgan_david/corrosion/

Do they sell some kind of spacer that can be put between the two and
is corrosion-neutral or something? What do I want to buy and install
to stop the corrosion? Thank you.

You need to look for a "dielectric union", any home store, hardware store
that sell plumbing will have them,
Greg