Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell

Default AC...Fix or Replace?

komobu wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I am leaning towards having a new unit put in.
Bottom line is I would rather pay the extra cash and not have problems
than to save money and have nothing but problems. Is the Tempstar a
good line? I have never heard of them. The Smart Comfort 2400 has a
SEER of 14. It has a ten year waranty on a Scroll Compressor and a 5
year no hastle warranty on all functional parts. Thanks for any advice
on the unit and please provide name brand units that are known for
dependability.
Thanks
Pat

First, do not get the idea in your head that if you buy a specific high
priced Brand/Make that you automatically will not have any trouble
because you paid more for the equipment, and the installation.

'The amount you pay for the equipment and the installation 'does NOT
automatically correlate' to having fewer high cost problems."

Though most who post here will argue the point; you can pay a lot more
and NOT get more, you might even get a lot less for you dollars.
Over the years I did a lot of service work on high priced installations
and equipment, the higher price they paid did not buy them less expenses
later!
The quality of the installation is the major factor. I personally, would
stay away from aluminum coils, in the past they were problems.
- udarrell

--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCT SIZING ESSENTIAL for EFFICIENCY & BTUH PERFORMANCE
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html