Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Default Hybrid Cars

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
This is the mag that said a Prius did 26mpg.
That's the overall figure

Which is ******** Mr Cranium. Most owners are getting an ave' of 60mpg.
Anyone withy any brain can do a Goggle and then feedback is around 60mpg
from all sources, not just some third rate car mag.

Yes. My petrol automatic BMW does over 40 mpg. Everyone always remembers
the best figure. You especially - it's all you ever quote.

Pah feeble, when driven under the same conditions as Drivel puts forward
for a Prius I have managed to get a reported 99mpg for a supercharged
Jaguar over a distance of 30km[1].

[1] From the St Gotthard pass to Chiasso[2].
[2] A quick glance at a map will clarify how this was achieved.