Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Hybrid Cars

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Now if the hydrogen were produced by solar/wind it would be good.

Good thinking me boy. But do you know how much energy it takes to
crack
it?

Electrolysis me boy.
water into hydrogen and oxygen.

That is the process. I said "do you know how much energy it takes to

crack
it?"

Not much.
9V DC will do it (you can try with a pp3 battery if you like).

If that is the case then we would be cracking water at point use, like in an
engine bay, and using it to drives cars and heat our homes. Strange in that
is not the case.

The fact is that the energy to crack it is more than what useful energy you
get from hydrogen.

That is the holy grail, to cheaply crack hydrogen, once that is solved then
the enrgy crisis os over for good.

Try again.