Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

Default Uhhh, horrible flourescent lighting

In article , Greg G.
wrote:

I've found it hard to find interesting fish these days. All the
independents have gone out of business, and the Chain's carry nothing
but the same-old-crap. When I was a kid, there was a really cool
store in Lindburg that carried an unbelievable variety of stock.

Oh, you are so right.

I was a kid in Winnipeg when I got into the hobby (I'm 46 now) and
there was a guy who sold out of his basement... all the rare fish you
read about in the mags. Annual killies, bettas that weren't splendens,
I could go on and on.

The main shop brought in live brine shrimp from San Fransisco Bay every
Tuesday. Live tubifex worms, daphnia... They had a breeding pair of
oscars that were 12" in a 250 gallon tank at the back of the shop and
every oscar you bought from them were from that pair.

I'd love to get some of the Aphyosemion species I used to raise...
http://web.telia.com/~u31510320/Killigallery.html

I remember breaking down a 5 gal tank that I had a pair in after they
died. Set it up about 18 months later and in two days had a tank full
of fry... The eggs were surviving the dry season in the sand.

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green