Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.design
Jasen Betts

Default where can I go for prototyping?

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.electronics.]
On 2005-11-22, Shawn Wilson wrote:

Thank you all for your input. I don't plan on staying with the stolen stuff
I'm working with now, it's just a proof of concept. I've sent emails to the
people who own the proper patents for the device I've modified but have
gotten no response. I was vague, but hoped to get a response of some kind.

My best bet at this point is to simply finish my proof of concept, document
it fully, and patent it fully. Then I can openly try to sell the idea to
those who already are tooled and making products like it.

Don't mistake my comment about products like it to mean it's not unique...
it's just that a few key changes to some existing tech make for a huge
benefit and a brand new device that doesn't replace the old stuff, but will
be added along side.

I once spoke with a man whose uncle modified a craburettor for smoother
running (changed the shape of a cam I think) he sold the design back to
Ford (or was it gm?) for a 10c cut on every carburettor made using his design
hed did well, and I doubt the increased sales that would result hurt Ford
either.

Bye.
Jasen