Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Delta discontinuing parts for older tools...

John Dill said:

If any of you out there have any older Delta equipment, be advised that
Delta ( B&D) is dropping a lot of parts/support for older tools. B&D
sunset policy is 6 years for parts support. Better order what you need
now, if it isn't already too late... John

My worst fears confirmed _if_ this is, in fact, true.

Electronics manufacturers started doing this years ago, and will place
dates on the microfiche and computer parts lists. To the day that the
parts are no longer required by law to be stocked, they are loaded
into garbage rams and crushed. Employees are not allowed to take them
home, they do not donate them to a worthy cause, and you cannot buy
them as surplus. They are after the tax write-offs and accelerated
obsolescence of equipment in the field.

Add yet _another_ brand to the list of mismanaged companies I will not
consider buying from. One of Delta's stronger points was the
retention of parts needed for repairing older equipment.

So, B&D, what possible reason could anyone have to chose your brands
over, say, some no-name Chinese import? I assume the other holdings,
such as Dewalt, Porter-Cable, DeVilbiss, Oldham and FLEX will also
follow suit? Talk about the BORG...

Idiot modern era MBA's.

Greg G.