Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Fridge has ice up the back, but doesn't seem to be cold !

On 25 Nov 2005 04:56:18 -0800, wrote:

Also, I left it unplugged for at least 15 hours, and put some bowls of
hot water in it. I think it was fully defrosted. Maybe it is the fan !
Should you be able to feel cold air being blown into the fridge ?

IIUC Frost-free freezers blow air OUT of the freezer, so humidity
doesn't get in. Where it gets the air to blow out, I wonder.

In fridges, the cold air falls out of the refigerator, because cold
air is heavier than warm air.

We've all been told, I think, not to stand there with the door open
because it gets warm inside, but since most of that I would think is
the cold air falling out, I wonder how long that really takes. If it
only takes 10 seconds or 20, once you've stood there that long, you
might as well stand there longer, no?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.