Posted to rec.woodworking
John Dill

Default Discontinued Delta Bandsw tires

Don't use link belts on a unisaw. Delta still sells a matched set of
belts for it. In addition, they go one step further and mill the belts
to get rid of the "bump" where they come togeather.

AL wrote:

As others have said, you can easily find aftermarket replacements. How
about this one?

http://www.mikestools.com/426-01-094...-bandsaws.aspx

Regarding your unisaw, I presume you're referring to the 3 V-belts. Not to
worry. If they break, just go to your local auto parts store (for example
Napa), or your local metalworking supplier (for example McMaster Carr).
They'll have the right size, with quality better than the original. Or
switch to linkbelts.

"Edgar Svendsen" wrote in message
link.net...

I have a Delta model 28-195 10" bandsaw. Yesterday one of the tires broke.
I called Delta, that model is discontinued; therefore the repair parts are
discontinued. They will not support it at all.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a tire? It's polyurethane,
crowned, on a 10.5" wheel and 1 11/16" wide.

Given Delta's attitude the only alternative I seem to have is throw the
whole saw in the garbage.

I bought a Unisaw two years ago and now I'm worried. I suspect I'd better
buy some spares while Delta is still supporting it; it would be an
expensive tool to have to junk out.