Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default OT dangerous dogs

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I don't use the word "hate" very often, but I really hate dogs. However,
I'd welcome one like your German Shepherd. Is he good at removing the seat
of the pants worn by dog owners who don't obey when you ask them to take
their "curbed" dog someplace else?

He's a great dog, and as dog lovers who've had two dogs in residence all
through our marriage, SWMBO and I ought to know. He just doesn't like
strange dogs attacking the small one, or me either, I guess. People we go
him from called him a "stasi" dog. East German bloodlines. Longer and
leaner than the average AKC types, though the AKC recognizes the DVS, which
stands for German sheepdog alliance or similar, if my college German is
correct.

People tend to calm down when he arrives. Sort of like the years when we
had the Borzoi. She was also very large, though well-controlled. The
bigger the dog the better they must behave.