Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Hybrid Cars

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:08:15 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:00:20 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Very interesting article about this flawed concept in Autocar this week

There's nothing wrong with the concept, we just need better batteries.

'Any' battery that needs charging, unless charged environmentally
friendlylyly simply moves the pollution / problem elsewhere .. hence
'flawed' ...

A hydrid car that only charges it's batteries via energy initially
input from an IC engine (that should cover the 'regen braking' fans)
is an IC engined powered car. If it's charged from the 'mains' (in the
UK) then it's a gas / oil powered car ..

I own several (pure) electric vehicles and they are certianly not the
solution to the problem. Hybrid'ing simply increases the range /
performance it does not provide a solution (even with a 'synergy
drive' lol) or hasn't yet (when hybrids can do many more mpg than
many 'stock' cars today then we might be getting somewhere).

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. How warm do you have to keep the garage for your hybrid /
electric car in the winter (to reduce cold battery capacity loss ..)
and where does that heating energy come from? ;-)

One must not engage in botty talk.