Posted to alt.home.repair
tiny dancer

Default Ceramic floor tile opinion

"Banty" wrote in message
In article nhqhf.19022$ZX3.6554@trnddc06, ares says...

Someone gave us a stack of very large floor tile. We have a very large

room
that could use a floor covering and we don't want carpet; currently it's
peeling painted cement floor. There is not enough of this tile to do the
whole room, but possibly one half of the room. But using it would

probably
be a substantial savings on the cost to tile the whole room. So I was
wondering, might it be a bad idea to try to find another tile that is the
same size and perhaps make a pattern with the ones I have, or is that

likely
to look bad?
ares

Consider arranging the tile you have as a border around the new tile, or

vice
versa. Then it would look like you planned it that way. Make sure any

new tile
is the same thickness.

Banty

I agree with the previous opinions, as long as the tile is the same
thickness, I'd choose something color coordinated or color complementing and
you should be just fine.

td