Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
mm

Default The Mouse Is Winning The War

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:58:25 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:38:50 -0600, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

Some good advice here, except I hate glue traps. I've had them dragged off,
and worse, have had to watch a mouse try to free itself, getting more and
more stuck in the process. Now some of you might enjoy that, but to me,
it's painful. I don't like watching things die, even if I want them to die.

Anyhow, I caught one in the glue trap

One more thing. They iddn't strugggle long, in my experience. A
minute or two, and then they would just stop. Maybe they were
thinking, about what to do next. They started up again when I tried
to put each one in the box, and one got a hold of the box flap and
wouldn't let go. I had a hard time shaking him off, and then I came
at it from the other side. Then it was pretty easy like the other
times. By the time I got downstairs to the fridge, I think they had
each stopped struggling, afaic hear or feel.

and it was very cold and full of
snow outside, so I used an empty frozen vegetable box and scooped the
mouse and trap into the box, and put the whole box in the freezer. I
figure with the high metabolism of a mouse, he would be sluggish
within a minute or two, unconscious a minute later, and dead by the
time he was 40 degrees F. I did the same thing with the next two, and
finally left the house 3 days later, and put them in the garbage.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.