Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
mm

Default The Mouse Is Winning The War

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:38:50 -0600, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

Some good advice here, except I hate glue traps. I've had them dragged off,
and worse, have had to watch a mouse try to free itself, getting more and
more stuck in the process. Now some of you might enjoy that, but to me,
it's painful. I don't like watching things die, even if I want them to die.

I agree with you, but you may not believe me by the time I've
finished. I have a home office and a lot of mice for a few months.
Snap traps were not working. I would see the mmice run by the door to
my office, either into that room or the bedroom next to it. Later I'd
see them run out again. (Maybe it was just one mouse, but after I got
rid of him, there were more, one at a time, after him.)

Anyhow, I caught one in the glue trap and it was very cold and full of
snow outside, so I used an empty frozen vegetable box and scooped the
mouse and trap into the box, and put the whole box in the freezer. I
figure with the high metabolism of a mouse, he would be sluggish
within a minute or two, unconscious a minute later, and dead by the
time he was 40 degrees F. I did the same thing with the next two, and
finally left the house 3 days later, and put them in the garbage.

I worried a bit about dander coming from the boxes, but I don't know
what dander is and I was careful not to touch the boxes after I put
them there. I hope I didn't get any, and it doesn't seem to have hurt
me.

I'd rather it be instant, like a standard trap.

-Tim

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.