Fred

Default Import Tax?

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:33:03 GMT, (John
Flanagan) scribed:

While not to be too confused... Isn't "scope" the amount of line you
put out vs "rode" which is the angle of the line you put out, as it
equates to flushness with the bottom and least stress you put on the
anchor to hold taught??

One time in the BVI, we put out a bit too much scope, but the rode was
fine due to currents... Went into dinner on Jost Van Dyke, and came
back to find our boat missing. Apparently some boat ran over our
scope when the tide came back in and they left pulling our anchor, and
about 4 other boats worth too... Must have lost our rode, as it was
shallow, but not that much...

We found our boat in short water about 500 yards away, and was fine
but not before we had to all help get the offending boats prop clear
of 4 different lines and we actually got our anchor back! It was still
attached and they had been motoring out for a bit before the prop
seized...

Close moorings, tide turns... All bets are off I guess!

ObTastless: While we were all down clearing the lines from their prop,
a silly crewmember decided to flush the head on top of us...Gross...

Best,

Freddie

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:44:57 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

You can see a picture on my shameless commerce page. :-)

That's you! I didn't realize you were covertly plugging yourself on
your own website :^). Oh oh, typo, "so you can swing with more
confidence on a shorter * rode * in tight anchorages.".

http://www.spade-anchor-us.com/Why_a..._a_spade_.html

You've got to talk to your web designer, who did the website for you
:^)?

A wierd story: After the France/Iraq thing happened, a customer called
to cancel his order. Said he just couldn't buy any French products. I
mentioned that they were not made in France but Tunisia. Probably by
terrorist but definitely not French. He replied "Oh, OK send it on!"
Go figger. :-)

That is funny.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.