Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default computer question

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:50:53 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Have you installed a web accelerator recently? I have heard this
can cause your symptom. I do not know as I have cable.

*You* can get the same effect by using a cable decelerator.

Well, not really.

To the OP, is this a home computer or an office computer. This ng is
only for home stuff.

2. Hhave you thought about telling us what OS you have. That should
start almost every question. We're not mindreaders.

Freebie. Check out "Display". Better yet, check out everything on
the control panel if you have one, so you'll know what they do.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"SteveB" wrote in message
Well, I can't figure it out, so I will ask youse guys .........

When I bring up my home page, or ebay, or lots of sites, the
pictures look
like mosaics. They are recognizable, but appear as small
chunks, like a
mosaic.

I went to control panel - display - and went through the stuff
there about
the drivers and updating. It said it had the latest driver, and
that it was
functioning properly.

Well, it isn't.

Am I missing something simple, or is my video card shot?

Steve

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.